Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

New Crocs




You know that old saying about walking a mile in someone's shoes? Well I am not sure how many miles Bianca walked in her Crocs. She wears them everywhere. No matter the time of year. She sleeps in them. Sometimes she bathes in them... it gets them pretty clean!

What I do know is that these Crocs represent an unbelievable 10 months of progress. Forget the miles walked. How about how they helped her to walk? All that money spent on orthotics and a $25 pair of Crocs do the trick? How about all the words gained? How about the skills learned? How about real, honest to goodness communication?

Sure you may not be able to judge a person until you walk a mile in their shoes… but if you were there to witness them do the walking; you sure can appreciate the journey.

It made me think of the last panel of the best comic strip of all time… Calvin and Hobbes. I hope that Bill Watterson doesn't mind me sharing this because I certainly have no rights nor do I have his permission but it is just SO perfect…



Here is to another mile Bianca… let’s go exploring!




If you have not already, please take time to watch my videos, "Fixing" Autism and Autism Awareness with Nichole337 and share them with your friends.



To keep up to date with everying in Lou's Land, please subscribe to my blog. "Like" Lou's Land on Facebook and follow Lou's Land on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. You should send a story about your Crocs to Crocs! They would love it, maybe you'll get some free shoes:) My boys were living in their crocs too. So easy to get on when you are running out the door:)

    ReplyDelete