Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Holidays?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

(12/22/08)

Elsa and I had the groundwork all laid out.

We would take separate cars to the mall. Elsa would drive with the girls and our neighbor's daughter Selena (who is the only one who can do our girl's hair). I would drive by myself and get to the mall slightly before Elsa. After parking, I was to take out the stroller and then wait for the handoff.

Selena and I would then take the girls to the family restroom and change them into their pretty Christmas dresses. This would ensure the lowest risk for leakage, spillage, etc. on the pretty outfits.

While changing the girls, Elsa would find parking and then we would rendezvous at the Santa picture line.

This all went pretty well. Elsa had a little difficulty finding parking and as we got closer and closer to the front of the line, Elsa decided it was best to create a parking spot and run in to join us.

While waiting in line, I couldn't help but picture in my mind our two little angels delicately balanced on Santa's lap. I knew getting them to look at the camera might be a little hard, especially for Bianca, but this was the third year of Santa pictures, and the previous years went VERY well.

Sofia and I spent extra time during the week talking about Santa and the sound that Santa makes when he laughs. Sofie does a good "Ho Ho Ho" but is lacking the lower register required to sell it. I pointed out every time Santa appeared on TV and reminded the girls that Christmas time was here, and that Santa was going to bring them presents AND we were actually going to see him in person!!

Santa's helper broke me out of my daze and asked me what picture package I wanted. Not to be outdone, I proudly informed her that we were going to get the works... an 8X10, 2 5x7's, 4 4x6's, 16 wallets, and because it is the digital age... a picture CD!!

Elsa and I then carefully walked these two precious ladies up to the very realistic looking Santa, spun them around, sat them on his lap... and then magic happened....




Matching dresses: $40
Mental Health Co-Pay for two: $100
Christmas memories....


Have a great holiday season, and when you are feeling stressed or about to explode because things aren't going exactly as you planned them... smile... and let it go.


If you have not already, please take time to watch my videos, "Fixing" Autism and Autism Awareness with Nichole337 and share them with your friends.



To keep up to date with everying in Lou's Land, please subscribe to my blog. "Like" Lou's Land on Facebook and follow Lou's Land on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh!!! I can so relate to this! My son is 6, I have 2 GOOD pics of him with santa :/

    ReplyDelete